Flag
Header
State

Alcona Township is located in the northeast corner of Alcona County along
the Lake Huron Shore. It is bisected by US-23 on the east,
(where the Township Hall is located), and bordered by beautiful
Hubbard Lake on the west.

Township Hall      5576 N. US-23  Black River, MI     Tel: (989) 471-5004 Lost Lake Woods St Gabriel's Catholic Church       Black River, MI Hubbard Lake on the west side of the Township Six miles of sandy Lake Huron beach on the east side of the Township. Winter Scene Rolling Hills of magnificant Fall color. Sunset on Hubbard Lake
Weather Forecast | Weather Maps

Note: New Personal Property Exemption for 2014 You may qualify! For more detailed information click here .  Download Personal Property Exemption Form here .

Information on how to reach the Alcona Township Assessor can be found here.

The main community is Black River, located on Lake Huron at the mouth of the Black River. A convenient park and boat-launching area can be found there for water recreation enthusiasts. Larson Beach, on the east side of Hubbard Lake, and Lost Lake Woods are the other main communities within the Township.  

The area was first settled by French trappers and fishermen. A fishing station was started there in 1849 by William Cullings. It later became the headquarters for the lumbering firm of Alger, Smith & Company, which, from 1876 to 1880, was considered the largest pine timber producer in the world. Russel Alexander Alger went on to become Michigan Governor, U.S. Senator and U.S. Secretary of War.


Alcona Township
5576 N.US 23
Black River, MI. 48721
(989) 471-5004

         Contact the Township Webmaster by clicking here